Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Damn it....

WOW…that’s all I have to say….WOW….you know those silver lining you talk about….it’s magic…it’s the WOW factor…. Tom Peters talked about it without even knowing how amazing that WOW factor was…

So my kitten died….I lost my wristwatch….my wallet and phone were stolen AND my visa rejected all within a span of a week…oh n did I forget to mention a thundering basket ball injury? Sigh…now that I think about it…it all seem a tad unreal…I was on da verge of tears…and then comes the blessing in life…

You know we forget the things that are important in life…we leave them for tomorrow…assuming ofcourse that tomorrow will indeed come…big assumption there…more so when you’re a resident in Colombo, Sri Lanka. We forget to tell our friends we love them…we forget to kiss our mothers….we forget to hug our sisters….we compromise for a vague excuse of a smile or some meaningless words…For me…this was the best opportunity to tell them all how much I love them…b’cos I realized no matter how bad it got, it would be worse without them….it would be worse on my own…

So I started with my mom….who hated any physical contact ;) oh well u can’t possibly live like that if you’ve got me for a daughter. So I hugged until she pried my arms away…oh well… and my sister ofcourse who pretends she hates to be hugged but giggles whenever I do….i hugged and tickled her until she couldn’t breath….then my dogs I hugged each one of them and got lots of dog drool all over my face…sigh… I sent my best friend a hug in UK…and sent each of my friends on chat a hug as well… I kissed da photo of my boyo…my soul mate…now somewhere in heaven hopefully having tequila shots and enjoying soft sand and a cool breeze…I took all three of my kittens…cotton, blackster and trinity (I didn’t name them…) one black and white like her mom and the others brown…they miss shady… they used to play in pairs but now they play in threes. They were soft and purry and I let them fall asleep on my hands…and I fell in love….

I fell in love all over again with a world that was a kaleidoscope of imperfections…..beautiful in it’s colours dancing a salsa to the nuances of life… I fell in love…with free will….that musters the strength to say I Love You buddy and I’ll always be there….I fell in love…because inspite of the imperfections and the infinitesimal yet colossal blunders…life never fails to give us a peek into a miracle… or three...three tiny kittens purring themselves to sleep… a scar that fades and doesn’t even leave the memory of an elbow hitting your cheek during basket ball…laughter in my sister’s eyes… breath….breath…

WOW… I fell in love with the peace that was part of every miracle…the humbling peace that overtakes you….life was beautiful…I had done my share of good deeds for the day…and my wallet and phone… I’ve replaced them…for better ones obviously… and I stuck a picture of me and my sister in my new wallet…me 13 she 8…giggling away at some joke I can’t recall…and all I can think is…I didn’t have a place for this in my old wallet…

No comments: